Call Now 951-699-2495
Photochemical Machining for Electronics
- ETP and OFC Coppers, Beryllium Copper, Brass and Phosphor Bronze for Electrical & Electronic Applications
- Kovar, Nickel and Nickel/Iron Alloys for Semiconductor Packages
- M-Series Silicon Steel for Transformer & Motor Laminations
- Etched Direct Bond Copper on Alumina or Aluminum Nitride for Power Applications
Motor and Transformer Laminations: Custom, Prototype and Replacement
- Typically produced from silicon steel alloys, also referred to as “electrical” steel or “M series” that have a surface finish called “coreplate” which creates a dielectric layer between laminations.
- Metal etching is an ideal solution for small to mid-range (dozens to many thousands) quantities of rotor and stator lams for motors and “I”, “U” and “T” transfomer laminations.
Complex designs are easily produced from inexpensive tools (about $265.)
The chemical etching process leaves no burrs and imparts no mechanical or thermal stress: annealing is not needed.
Photo etching is the ideal solution for QFN and LD-MOS leadframes as well as a wide range of custom platforms.
QFN or “air-cavity” packages are widely used in RF and microwave communications applications due to the low attenuation loss. Complex and delicate leadframe designs are suited to the capabilities of chemical etching.
Flat and step lids for hermetically sealed electronics packages are readily produced by photochemical etching. Common alloys for these applications are in the nickel-iron family and include Kovar, Invar, F-15, and others.
Etched and Formed Enclosure for Electronic Assemblies
Electrically “noisy” products emit interference which must be contained by metal shielding in copper, beryllium copper, brass and others.
Chemical etching is a fast and economical means of producing both simple and complex enclosures and barriers to electromagnetic and radio frequency emissions.
Direct Bond Copper is a layer of copper vacuum bonded onto an alumina ceramic base with a circuit etched into the copper. Etched DBC parts are used in RF/microwave applications including cell phones, wireless and and microwave transmitters.
Digital Printer Component
RF Shield Component
Circular Contact Brush
Cell Phone Circuit Components
Miniature Contact Plate 5/8″ diameter
Radial Contact Spring
Microwave Antenna Parts